cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox full despite paying £9.99 monthly for years

Dropbox full despite paying £9.99 monthly for years

Explorer | Level 4
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help? I’ve been paying between £7.99 and £9.99 monthly for what I thought was an upgraded Dropbox account since at least 2017.

Today my account told me it was full which I thought was odd. I deleted lots of files with no luck. I then noticed my capacity was 2GB, the free Basic account. What on earth have I been paying for these last few years? I can show PayPal evidence of my payments but don’t know who to contact.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
3 Replies 3

Re: Dropbox full despite paying £9.99 monthly for years

Super User II

@JillT wrote:
Today my account told me it was full which I thought was odd. I deleted lots of files with no luck. I then noticed my capacity was 2GB, the free Basic account. What on earth have I been paying for these last few years?

Do you have more than one email address? If so, could you have more than one Dropbox account, each under a different email?

Explorer | Level 4
Thanks for replying!

I do have 2 emails - I wonder if that’s it? And would there be a way to transfer files between accounts if that’s the case?

Super User II

@JillT wrote:
And would there be a way to transfer files between accounts if that’s the case?

You could create a shared folder between the two accounts, and move everything that you want to transfer into the shared folder. Once it all syncs, you'd take it out of that folder on the other account.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?