cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox has Messed Up All File Paths

Highlighted

Dropbox has Messed Up All File Paths

New member | Level 2

I had dropbox installed on my PC and somehow it was syncing my C drive files.  All of them.  I didn't want this to happen.  I tried to deselect the backup folder from the taskbar but after hitting Apply and going back in, it would be checked again.  I did a full uninstall of dropbox and now I cannot open up files or documents. 

I was trying to convert a file and it is still pointing to this path: C:\Users\Don\Dropbox\My PC (DESKTOP-12F94FH)\Desktop\Videos

This is causing a lot of problems for me.  Can someone please tell me how I can go about fixing this issue?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox has Messed Up All File Paths

Dropboxer

Hi there @thegreatsouthernbrainfart, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this!

It seems that the computer backup feature was enabled on your device.

To disable this, please follow the steps outlined at the bottom of this article. Once the feature is disabled, you can move the content of the "My PC" backup folder back to the original locations on your computer.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?