cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox has not been syncing for the last 3 weeks!

Explorer | Level 3

I have Dropbox Professional and I have been using it for the past few years without any issues. For the past 3 weeks I have been experiencing difficulties with it. Initially, my local files took forever to sync. For the last 3 days there is nearly no syncing. Also, links to some (but not all) files are being changed all the time. So, if I use a link to give access to someone, the link works at first but sometimes becomes useless within a few days.

I am using Windows 10, version 1809.

I would appreciate some assistance. This issue severely impacts my work.

Andreas

9 Replies 9
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox has not been syncing for the last 3 weeks!

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello Andreas - welcome to the Dropbox Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues woth the desktop app installed on your Windows computer; I'll try to help!

In order to do so, could you first let me know the exact status of the desktop app as shown within your computer's system tray

Also, on the issue with the shared links that have been changing, could you elaborate a tad on the steps you take to generate them and what errors they produce? Do you happen to use a 3rd party app to edit them (or the files they link to) by any chance? Could you perhaps send me a sample-problematic link so I can have a look on my end? 

Sorry for the long post here Andreas; I wish it points us towards the right direction though. Please keep me posted on your findings! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your immediate response Walter and for trying to help.

The status of the desktop app as shown within my computer's system tray says the following:

Dropbox 86.4.146

Uploading 200 files...

Downloading 185 files...

It's been giving me various numbers of uploads and downloads for the past few weeks. And the progress bar is full at varying levels all the time: sometimes mid-way full, sometimes almost entirely full but then when I look again an hour later it's back to mid-way full.

Regarding the issue with the shared links that have been changing, I have been using the typical way to generate them: right-click on a file within my shared folder in Windows Explorer and select "Copy Dropbox link".

I do not use any 3rd party app to edit them or the files they link to. I did not move the files or did anything out of the ordinary (such as install a new software, change my shared folder location, etc.). I have been using Dropbox exactly the same way as for the past several years. There was nothing that I know of that should have caused this. I have signed in and out of Dropbox but it did not help. I even uninstalled the app and installed it back (without changing shared folder or any of the properties), without any success.

Thanks,
Andreas

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for your speedy reply too Andreas.

As I'd really like to look further into this, would it be OK if I reached out via your Dropbox email address to work on this internally with all of our tools at my disposal?

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Absolutely!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I'm reaching out soon so please keep an eye on your email's inbox Andreas 

Walter

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Was this resolved Andreas? I think I have the same issue.

Thanks

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Oh I see you posted this only today also. Here is my post. Fiona is helping me so maybe both Walter and Fiona can help as it is also a serious issue for me.
https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Files-folders/Dropbox-stuck-260-files-stuck-syncing/m-p/383311#M1374...
Coincidently I only noticed the issue yesterday but can see one of the earlier files to stop syncing was about 3 weeks ago.

Thanks

Colin

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Unfortunately, the problem has not been resolved after trying out several things with Walter. He wrote he will forward the issue to others within the company to revolve it, but that was 4 days ago... I have not heard anything back.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @AndreasFlouris; happy 2020!

I'm sorry for the late reply (this notification must have fallen through the cracks somehow - apologies for that) - are you still having issues with this? 

Walter

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?