cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox iPhone app no longer uploading pictures

Dropbox iPhone app no longer uploading pictures

bravefan1983
Explorer | Level 3

This may be in the wrong category, but here goes!

I have an iPhone 12 Max Pro and recently returned back from deployment and updated my phone including the Dropbox app.  Whenever I open the app to upload new pictures, it scans the library for a while and then errors out with a "cannot connect to photo library".  I have tried all the things in the support articles, including checking location services are on, restarting the app, and then my phone.  Nothing seems to work, but if I uninstall the app and re-install, then it works fine for the first time I upload....but then when I close out and come back to it, it errors out.  So basically now if I want to upload pictures, I have to uninstall and reinstall the app.  I hope to get this fixed because it's very inconvenient to have to uninstall and reinstall just to get the app to work!  Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Re: Dropbox iPhone app no longer uploading pictures

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @bravefan1983, thanks for taking the time to message us!

I understand your frustration over this matter.

To ensure that there isn't a cache of the mobile app, if you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try uninstalling the app, rebooting the device, and re-installing it to see if this helps?

Could you also let me know what version of the app you're running on your device?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

bravefan1983
Explorer | Level 3

So I did as you asked and deleted the app, then restarted my phone and reinstalled the app...but I still received the error after my phone takes about 30 minutes to scan my phone.  It should be know that my iPad has the same issue, and I have been doing the same steps to it with the same result as well!

I am using version 242.3 on both devices.

Thanks!

Jay
Dropboxer
Thanks for the info, I'd recommend contacting the support team directly for further assistance on this matter.

Once you get a ticket ID from the automated response, please let me know the number here so I can locate it in our system!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

bravefan1983
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Jay,

I have submitted the ticket as requested! The ticket number is 13319477. Thanks for your continued support!

Jay
Dropboxer
Thanks for the ticket ID, I've added your comments to the ticket to expedite matters on your behalf.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    bravefan1983 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?