cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox index stuck - 211,488 files

Dropbox index stuck - 211,488 files

rafik_jabbour
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I've been on this board for a few hours now trying every possible solution to stop dropbox from being stuck when indexing.

I bought a new laptop, moved the dropbox folder (1.3 TB) from my old laptop to my new one via an external HDD. Now my dropbox app cannot seem to be moving anywhere when indexing.
I tried the following:
- Clearing cache
- Uninstalling (using iObit Uninstaller) and re-installing (twice)
- Unlinking and relinking my account

All with no positive outcome.

Someone shed some light please?
Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Emma
Community Manager
Go to solution

Thank you all for reporting this, it is related to a known issue a number of users experienced last week. The team have now resolved this and it should be working again.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else or you're still having trouble!

Edit: removed copy paste error :wink:

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

danemayer
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm having the same problem.  New computer.  Copied files from backup drive to the new computer.  Dropbox has been syncing for several days without success.  124,956 files being indexed according to Dropbox.  Windows Properties shows Dropbox folder has 51,449 files.  This is pretty crazy and extremely annoying.  If I can't resolve this I'm going to consider alternatives.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @rafik_jabbour and @danemayer, thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Could you give these steps a try in case they do the trick?

Give them a shot and let me know of any updates, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

danemayer
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

A few hours too late to help.  This morning I deleted Dropbox and when I reinstalled, put the Dropbox folder on another drive and selected to not store files locally.  It took about an hour after that to say it was up to date.  Not what I wanted but too late now.  

Ravi S.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Can you share what version of dropbox you're on now that things are working for you?

I've had issues for a week on two different laptops. Wasted numerous hours trying to solve problems created by buggy dropbox software. Sent in tickets that were ignored and now after another work day has nearly ended... everything started working after one of my computers auto-updated to 115.3.553

rafik_jabbour
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Also too late to reply, 

I uninstalled dropbox and deleted my local 1.6TB folder

Installed dropbox and let it re-download the whole thing again over night and it worked.

But syncing an existing folder is a no go.

danemayer
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Version is 115.3.553.  Previously also tried a backlevel version.

For Dropbox support and development, when an error condition occurs, it would be much better if the process timed out with an error message.

Emma
Community Manager
Go to solution

Thank you all for reporting this, it is related to a known issue a number of users experienced last week. The team have now resolved this and it should be working again.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else or you're still having trouble!

Edit: removed copy paste error :wink:

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@Emma wrote:

Please note this is translated so apologies for any errors! 

😯 Oh... Realy? 🧐 You just forgot to mention, what is the language that's translated from! 😆😃

Oh.. "Copy/Paste" Ohhh...

Emma
Community Manager
Go to solution

:laughing: Oh no, @Здравко I thought I'd updated them all so well :confounded:

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    hales1 Explorer | Level 3
    GGBin Mich Explorer | Level 4
    Emma Community Manager