cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox is full but it shouldn't be because I am part of a Business team

Dropbox is full but it shouldn't be because I am part of a Business team

Milwaukee Mark
Explorer | Level 4

I need some help / advice.  My account is supposed to be part of the companies account I work for.  But I got a message saying my folder is full. When I'm looking at my account details it shows my boss (the admin) and my other coworker.  The account he has set up should 3 TB.  Not sure why I'm being labeled as full.  

Is there a support number I can call?  I rely on Dropbox. I share many files per day with my coworkers.

Thanks,

Milwaukee Mark

3 Replies 3

Re: DROPBOX IS FULL & SHOULDN'T BE!

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello @Milwaukee Mark, thanks for reaching out to us.

Generally, your support options depend on the sort of account that you have, and you can find yours by going to this page

However, we're more than happy to help you from here!

You mention that your account should be part of a Dropbox Business team. 

Were you invited to join the team itself, or to add a shared folder that belongs to them? 

Could you also have a look at the Plan tab and let me know what it shows there?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Milwaukee Mark
Explorer | Level 4

Hello Lusll,

Thank you for responding. In response to your first question: "Were you invited to join the team itself, or to add a shared folder that belongs to them? 

To be honest I don't remember.  I guess I signed up to Dropbox with the email that they gave when I started at the company.  So I'm assuming there was a missed step. Since essentially I joined Dropbox as a new "individual" member and not part of a team.

In response to your second question: "Could you also have a look at the Plan tab and let me know what it shows there?"

Under my plan tab it says "Dropbox Basic."  Is there a step the owner of my company has to do on his end?

I notice there is an option to "Link Your Team Account." Is this important?

Thanks again for responding Lusll!  I'm pretty savvy on the computer (my boss not so much).  But I am new to using Dropbox.

-Kind Regards

Mark Hokanson

Lusil
Dropboxer
It looks like you were invited to access a shared folder owned by the team, which is why it's taking up space on your individual account. 

If you want to join the team, you'll have to ask them to invite you to it by following these steps

As them to try that out and let me know how it goes, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?