cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox is not syncing

Dropbox is not syncing

Explorer | Level 4

My dropbox is not syncing between my laptop and desktop.  Yet I get the green check saying all is well.  It is not.

5 Replies 5

Re: Dropbox is not syncing

Dropboxer

Hello @Demerson, let's see what we can find on this together. 

I'll just need a few more details, such as:

• Are you running the latest stable version of the desktop app (103.4.383)?
  • What do you see when you hover over the Dropbox icon that's next to the computers' clocks?
  • Are you not seeing content locally on one computer?
  • Do you see the files (that you're missing locally) when you navigate through the website?

Any additional information would be very helpful. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

I think I discovered the problem but will not know until I am back in the office.  We recently changed desktops and naturally I installed Dropbox on the new computer.  However, I have not completely cleared out the old computer and did not uninstall Dropbox.  I also recently downloaded the app for my phone so I have exceeded the three devices.  Tonight I unlinked the old computer but will not know for sure if all is well until I return to the office next week.  Thanks for the reply and if it is still not syncing, I will send another message in this chat next week.  Hope you have a blessed weekend.

Dropboxer

No worries, @Demerson. Whenever you get the chance and have any updates for us, just give us another nudge. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a lovely weekend as well!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

Still not working properly.  No files from the church laptop which I have at the parsonage show up on the church desktop at my office.  I am running the latest version of Dropbox according to my scroll over the icon next to the clock.

I do share one folder with my Administrative Assistant.  She has a separate Dropbox account.  I can see her changes in the folder we share.  But nothing from the laptop which is where I am doing the majority of my work right now.

Since unlinking the old desktop I should now have my Dropbox account on the laptop, desktop and my iphone.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dropboxer

Since you mention that you're running three devices, have you tried rebooting your laptop? 

How about unlinking your account from it, and then signing back in? 

Let me know how it goes, @Demerson. Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?