cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox is now too hard to use.

Dropbox is now too hard to use.

herron
New member | Level 2

Congratulations Dropbox,

You have lost sight of your core value added, and ruined your offering. You have layered so much unwanted additional functionality on top of simple file sharing, the the interface is now confusing and inaccessible. It's very difficult to do the simplest things like copying a link to a file in my dropbox so I can paste it into an email for someone. You want me to use your collaboration tools, and your "improved" methods for sharing files.

Not Interested in being coerced into doing things your way. Dropbox is now too hard to use. I am actively searching for a new file sharing platform that understands the real value it is adding. Oh, and adding all this new crap does not justify raising your rates.

Goodby Dropbox.

Unhappy customer

38 Replies 38

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey @herron, thanks for checking in with us and sorry to hear about your negative experience. 

If you're having any trouble with sharing or any other functionality, we'd be more than happy to see how we can help. 

Just give us a shout and we'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

F8app
New member | Level 2

Thank you for addressing this. Dropbox has made me bat sh*# crazy for the longest time. The SIMPILEST of file maintenance tasks are impossible. 

Cm18
Helpful | Level 5

Herron I have to agree with you - I' just want to store pictures and search them so it's obviously far too complex for me - did you find an alternate ?

ITConsultingAfrica
Collaborator | Level 10

Hi CM18 and Herron

Each to his/her own but I disagree with you. The new Dropbox experience (smart workplace) is easier to use and the integrations make it easy to share content with other people. Dropbox needs to evolve. And that is what they are doing. Otherwise they will be "just another cloud storage provider".  

I use all three major cloud providers (Google Drive/Microsoft OneDrive Personal and Business/Dropbox Personal and Business). Dropbox is lightyears ahead with speed of syncing, integration, mobile experience, etc. 

OneDrive and Google Drive are much slower when you want to sync. Google Drive cannot store folders offline on mobile devices (only files). When sharing content with OneDrive the recipient needs a Microsoft account. 

With Dropbox you can even share content to WhatsApp and integrate with Zoom, Teams, Slack, etc. I do not use Papper (I use Evernote) but from what I read, Paper is a good solution as well (I do not like OneNote). 

I guess any solution is related to the person (or business) requirement. If you want only cloud storage for your files, use OneDrive or Google Drive (although Dropbox does this seamlessly as well). Try all three, and choose what is best for your specific requirements and budget. 

Regards

Casper

Whitecatcat
Helpful | Level 6

I totally agree with @ITConsultingAfrica 

Dropbox is easy for me and it is fully matching my personal and business needs. 

The new features and interface work great and having the option to work with so many other apps through Dropbox is the key. 

I always find resources online to address any technical difficulties or any questions that I have. 

I am a happy camper I must say! :dart:

Cm18
Helpful | Level 5

Best you keep on using it then

Cm18
Helpful | Level 5

Best you keep on using it then - bye

ITConsultingAfrica
Collaborator | Level 10
Bye CM18. See you back soon.

Crispinhj
Helpful | Level 6

For weeks I have been trying to link my phone to my laptop - I follow all the instructions and onscreen prompts with no success. There's nobody to talk to, there's no troubleshooting nothing and now this. Time consuming, inaccessible, obscure and instead of being able to go to my photos easily and quickly as I could before there's  just a multiplicity of offers to do things I don't want to do, and frankly I can't believe anybody in their right minds would want to do either.

I suspect this update has been devised by Dominic Cummings and his henchmen at Westminster - it's certainly as bad as anything the Tories have managed to do so far. Every programme seems to be "improved" to the point where the developers seem to have forgotten what the point of it was and all they want to do is show how clever they are and how they can make things so complicated that only they can understand how to do it

Need more support?