Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox is too slow, stuck on sync.

Explorer | Level 3

I have two account in dropbox. One is personal and other is for work which is a Dropxbox Plus. In my work, I changed my desktop and I had to install and sync Dropbox on that desktop with ubuntu 16.04 LTS. However, when I logged in, Dropbox stucked at "syncing". I have already googled and nothing helps me. Once, it started downloading the files, but the speed was extremelly slow, around 0.5 KB/s.

Although in this account I have near 500 thousand files, I lefted the dropbox downloading everything during a weekend. On Monday, everything was downloaded and when I made some changes, it stucks in syncing and nothing else happened.

Please, help me, I really need to fix this. I need to get back to work normally.

PS: when I connected my personal account (with a lot less files), Dropbox worked perfectlly and it was very fast to download, upload and sync.

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox is too slow, stuck on sync.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @schuabb; welcome aboard!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this and I'd like to take a look into this with you.

Can you post a screenshot of the app's exact status and also let me know if you've tried tampering with the bandwidth settings through the desktop app's preferences to see if it improves matters?

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hello @Walter !

First of all, I would like to thank you for answer me. Sorry for asking this, but what screenshot exactly do you want?? What would be app's exact status?? I really did not understand exactlly what you want.

When I run 'dropbox status' in the terminal, I receive 'Syncing...', and that's for a long time. And about the changes in bandwidth settings, I have already set both download and upload rate to "don't limit" and, unfortunately, nothing gets better. Thank you very much, again!!

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hello @Walter.

I forgot to say that I already removed all symbolic links inside the Dropbox folder, I reinstalled a lot of times and the problem still persist.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

i have the same issue. reinstalled the windows 10 app. download and upload stuck at 0kb/s

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @schuabb & @zmacejz; how are you today?

Thank you both for your updates on this. 

@schuabb: If you're still having issues with this, may I contact you via your Community profile's email address? 

@zmacejz : Since you're on a Windows machine, could you please try these steps and let me know if they helped at all? 

1) Make sure the Dropbox desktop application is running

2) Click on the Dropbox icon in your menu bar and then click on the gear in the Notifications panel

3) Select 'Preferences'

4) Click on the 'Account' tab, and then click in the window under the tab (just anywhere will do)

5) Hold down the 'Space' key 

6) Click on the 'Fix Hardlinks' button

7) You may be prompted for your a username and password, this is your computer login credentials, not your Dropbox account ones

Please wait about ten minutes to see if Dropbox resumes syncing.

If the above steps don’t resolve your issue, please repeat steps 1→5, but at step 6, this time click on the “Fix Permissions” button. Operating system permissions can prevent files from being viewed or edited by unauthorized logins while permissions can be set any number of ways and can be restored manually through a fairly simple process.

Please note that if you use “Fix Permissions” syncing will start back over. If you need to use this step, please allow for a few hours to pass and let me know if syncing becomes stuck again.

Keep me posted! 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hello @Walter !

I'm fine, except that the problem still remains. It is syncing since yesterday.

Of course you can contact me!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for your swift response @schuabb; glad to hear you're doing fine.

Let's take care of your syncing issue now!

I've just opened up a ticket for you so please take a look at your inbox for my email and we'll take it from there.

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?