cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox isn't working properly after a big transfer

Highlighted

Dropbox isn't working properly after a big transfer

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Last week, I uploaded a lot of files into dropbox. Since then, we got a few problems:

1. We can't drag any folders from the desktop into the dropbox folder anymore. This is into the folder that was uploaded last week. Maybe that has something to do with it?

2. We can't open some files anymore (word documents) also files from the folder that I uploaded last week. Maybe the folder was a little too much to handle? But how can I solve it, because we can't open some files at the moment of drag new files into the folder. 

Somebody that can help?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox isn't working properly after a big transfer

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @SvenHovin, thanks for messaging the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this. Could you let me know exactly what happens when you try to move the folder? Do you get an error message or does it simply cancel the transfer or move?

Regarding the files, are you trying to open the file in the native Word app on your computer, or via the Dropbox site?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Dear @Jay, thanks for your comment.

When I try to move the folder it doesn't give an error, it just won't move and nothing is happening. I move the folders just in my documents folder in windows. (for example: From my desktop into the dropbox folder)

Regarding the file, I always open it with Word.

Hope to hear from you!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

This sounds like it could be an OS issue. Are you able to drag and drop files to another location in Explorer?

What happens if you move the Word file from the Dropbox folder to another folder and then open it?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?