cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox keeps telling me I am full, but I only have 26 small pics uploaded, however....

Dropbox keeps telling me I am full, but I only have 26 small pics uploaded, however....

yellow1
New member | Level 2

My father who has same name (I use Jim, he uses James, but we have different emails) has shared one of his folders with me, and THAT one is huge! my account shows I am using 2.5 gigs out of the 2.8 available, but only 26 small photos are mine! how do I tell dropbox this? they won't give a phone number or email for me to contact them. (they only want to help paid users)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox keeps telling me I am full, but I only have 26 small pics uploaded, however....

Mark
Super User II

Hi @yellow1 

You dont need to tell Dropbox this, it is intended behaviour. Any files or folders in your Dropbox use your quota. So, if you are in a share you need enough quota and space in your share for those files. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Re: Dropbox keeps telling me I am full, but I only have 26 small pics uploaded, however....

Mark
Super User II

Hi @yellow1 

You dont need to tell Dropbox this, it is intended behaviour. Any files or folders in your Dropbox use your quota. So, if you are in a share you need enough quota and space in your share for those files. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

yellow1
New member | Level 2

Wow, ok, that's a lousy way to do business on their part. So now I have to have my father "unshare" his pictures with me just because I don't pay for the same service that he does. But I guess that should be expected from a company that won't offer help to it's users unless they pay extra for it.
Thanks Mark! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

yellow1 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?