cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox no longer uploading photos edited on iPhone?

Dropbox no longer uploading photos edited on iPhone?

Sarahmac
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Literally overnight, Dropbox has stopped uploading any photos that I’ve edited on my iPhone 8. The files just sit there forever stuck in waiting to upload mode. However, when I upload unedited photos, it works instantly. What’s happened? Any ideas? It’s always worked for me for years. What’s changed? Any help greatly appreciated. I’m using manual upload. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thank you for being so kind and patient @Valleyofthesun2:grin: 

Good news for all! This version of the Dropbox mobile app should fix it: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dropbox/id327630330

Let me know. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

35 Replies 35

alexikc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm using Dropbox mobile app (172.3) on iOS 13.3 with an iPhone 11 Pro, less than 12% of my storage is used.

While manually importing photos, some are stuck forever, even after cancelling and re-trying the import.

The strange thing is that the manual import is working for a lot of other pictures, but specific ones just can't get uploaded, it's always the same that are blocked.

The folders in which the pictures have to be uploaded are shared, with the same person, who does not block nor upload at the same time.

Someone has an idea on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Valleyofthesun2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Has this issue been resolved. This is an old post but now it’s Jan 2020 and my app still can’t upload my portrait mode pics from my iPhone 11 Pro Max. I only use the app - create a folder and then upload photos by selecting from my camera roll. I do not have my camera automatically syncing or I’d have too many photos in drop box. Is there another solution ? Thank you !

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @Sarahmac!. 

I am happy to help you upload your edited photos to Dropbox. 

I understand that your manual uploads are stuck and I would like to ask you a few things and provide you with a quick fix. 

• What are you editing these files with? 
  • Do you get any error messages? If so, please add a screenshot in your next comment. It would help me a lot to see them. 
  • Do you have enough storage in your Dropbox account and the mobile device? 
  • Are you having an issue uploading any file, or is this issue only occurring for specific files? If this is happening to a specific file, do you mind sharing the file type, so I can investigate this further?
  • Are you using data or Wifi? 

Quick fixes. :tools:  :mobile_phone:

1. Switch from Wifi to cellular network or to another Wifi. 
  2. Reinstall the Dropbox mobile app. 

[EDIT] Hi @alexikc! I understand you might be facing the same manual uploads issue and moved your topic here. Please check out the troubleshooting suggestions offered and the additional info I will need to help you more. Thank you! 

Let me know if that helps. Thanks for sharing more info!

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

alexikc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi @Fiona,

Thanks for your help.

• I'm not editing the files.
  • I don't get any error message.
  • I've enough storage both on my Dropbox account (88% empty) and on my mobile device (55% empty).
  • This issue occurs only with specific files. The file type is classic "JPG" from the iPhone camera. It works fine with other pictures.
  • I'm using both data and WiFi.
  • I've tried switching from data to WiFi and to reinstall the app: the problem is still here. I've also tried to connect to another WiFi network or to reboot the mobile device.

Thanks again for your help.

Micli
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hi,
the app gets stuck when uploading pictures after updating to latest version 172.3.2. What happens??

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for letting me know all you've tried @alexikc

I created a ticket to look into this further with you. Once you respond there I can investigate further. 

:envelope: I used the email address associated with your Community profile. 

[EDIT] @Micli Seems like you are facing the same issue as well. :slight_frown: Moved your question here. Please check out the steps offered and let me know if they help. 

Thank you! 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Micli
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi @Fiona 

yes, I am experiencing the same problem.

In my case no picture is edited in any way..... they can be uploaded to Dropbox from gallery but not from the app.. so I don't have date and time in the file name... 😞

Sarahmac
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Fiona

Thanks for your response.

The problem is a new one which happened after the latest Dropbox update.

I am using the regular iPhone photo editor.

I have tried uploading photos that have not been edited, they upload instantly. Yet when I try to upload edited photos, they are forever stuck in waiting to upload mode.

Have tried all the usual fixes, uninstall the app, reinstall, use data instead of WiFi, switch to flight mode and switch WiFi on, etc. Still the same thing.

The problem is definitely related to the edited photos (JPEGs). When edited the file size is smaller than the original if anything, not larger. I have ample Dropbox and iPhone storage space available.

It's very frustrating as I always edit my photos before uploading them.

Thank you

Sarah

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thank you for the additional information @Micli@Sarahmac

@Sarahmac are your edited photos in a third party application and you are trying to import from there by any chance? or are you doing this tapping the (+) button? 

Same question for you @Micli, when you say they can be uploaded from your gallery, do you maybe mean automatically. What are the steps you are taking? Is the (+) button failing for you as well? 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sarahmac Helpful | Level 6
    Fiona Dropbox Staff
    Valleyofthesun2 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?