Dropbox files & folders

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox not able to save type of video to device

Helpful | Level 5

I know this problem has been solved before but the solution does not work for me.

I am exporting from Premiere Pro with the settings from the previous solution but am still getting the same error.

Sorry, this file is unable to be saved to this device.

I have imported and exported from Google Drive and I-cloud witout an issue so therefore the issue is with Dropbox.

So if Dropbox could look into why their file system is unable toi deal with what other cloud sources are able to, that would be great. Save us having to have backup cloud storage while paying for Dropbox.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox not able to save type of video to device

Helpful | Level 5

The solution:

These are square format clips so in Premiere Pro, create a square format sequence and use a new square format sequence for each clip.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Caprice, thanks for posting today!

To look into this further, I a few questions which would help me out:

• Could you clarify what you mean by ‘exporting from Premiere Pro’?
  • Are you exporting to your device first, and then uploading it to Dropbox, or are you exporting it to Dropbox directly via Premiere Pro?
  • Does it use the Dropbox API to connect to Dropbox?
  • What device and OS are you running?

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Thanks for your response Jay.

I export from Premiere Pro with images put together as a slide show in Premiere Pro in a square sequence before being exported as H264 format with preset Match-source- High bitrate (which is required to keep it sqaure).

I'm on a PC with Windows10 and export onto a drive before transferring across to the DB folder all on the PC. I use the DB App on my Iphone 8 to eport the clip into my video folder and that's when I get the error message.

I have tried exporting direct the DB folder too but same issue.

As mentioned, I've been using this process many times without issue in the past.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Could you try offlining the file in the Dropbox mobile app, and then exporting it from the app into Premiere Pro to see if this helps?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Sorry Jay, you might be missunderstanding what I'm trying to do.

I'm creating social media clips for a client who is also having the same issue when attempting to export.

I'm creating the clips in Premiere Pro before transferring them to the shared DB folder for exporting to sites like IG, ect.

I've just ran a couple of tests; If I transfer an LR edited image from my drive to DB, no issue exporting. If I import that same image into Premiere Pro, make no adjustments, then export to DB, issue occurs.

I've just tried it with an MP4 file, same issue.

I then opened up a recent project with a clip I had no issue with when stepping through the process, exorted it through those steps and it worked fine.

This has me absolutely stumped!!

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

The solution:

These are square format clips so in Premiere Pro, create a square format sequence and use a new square format sequence for each clip.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?