cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not adding a place to MS Project 2016, despite being part of MS Office!

Dropbox not adding a place to MS Project 2016, despite being part of MS Office!

Jigs G.
Helpful | Level 5

Hi all, Dropbox has a preference for "adding a place" to MS office backstage via an add-in: 

DB preference paneDB preference pane

Only this does not work for MS Project 2016, which is technically part of MS Office: 

Places in MS ProjectPlaces in MS Project

Places in MS PowerpointPlaces in MS PowerpointI

Is there anyway possible to get this add-in to work with MS Project 2016? Desperate to have this feature there 🙂 Thx!!! 

Jigs

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox not adding a place to MS Project 2016, despite being part of MS Office!

Mark
Super User II
As per https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/adding-place-microsoft-office I'm afraid it only works on the main 3 apps (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Re: Dropbox not adding a place to MS Project 2016, despite being part of MS Office!

Mark
Super User II
As per https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/adding-place-microsoft-office I'm afraid it only works on the main 3 apps (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Jigs G.
Helpful | Level 5

thx for that! but there must be a way, no? anyway of locally modifing the files to make it work? looking for a solution 🙂 

Mark
Super User II
I'm not aware of any, no. In fact I've never ever even seen it requested.

Jigs G.
Helpful | Level 5

It also does not appear for MS Visio either, and I suspect not for the rest of the suite. A bit misleading to label the option as an MS Office add-in when it only appears in maybe 60% of the apps. But regardelss of the labeling, I guess there is no way to edit this to work, as opening in Resource Hacker shows nothing configurable in the .dll. Oh well... 

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]
Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?