cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox not allowing downloads

Dropbox not allowing downloads

Damian Dexter
Explorer | Level 3

Hi.

I have a problem downloading files from Dropbox. I upload from a specific iMac, but 3 other iMacs, can't download files from our account. We get network error messages, and file failed messages from the other 3 iMacs. A PC also can't download the files. The original iMac that uploaded them, can download them no problem, and also another Mac laptop in the office, doesn't have a problem downloading files.

This morning one of the other iMacs allowed 1 file to download and then stopped anymore downloading. Has anyone else experienced this problem? It's a major issue, as obviously we can't keep going back to the upload machine to download our files. The whole point is to be able to work from this files in different locations.

Any help would be massive.

Thanks

Damian  

4 Replies 4

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @Damian Dexter,sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you please let me know how large are the files you're trying to download?

Also, have you tried clearing your browser's cache or another browser?

If you keep getting the same error, I'd appreciate a screenshot so that we can have a visual too. 

Thank a bunch, Damian.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Damian Dexter
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter

Thanks for the reply. The files are large over 100GB. But the issue is that different machines seem to have different permissions. We have tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox. The browser type doesn’t seem to make any difference.

I’ll get some screenshots for you to see and upload them.

Thanks

Damian 

Damian Dexter
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter

I have cleared the caches on the computer. I have tried 2 different computers running Catalina and Big Sur. The files are only 10GB and these are the error messages I get when they fail.

IMG_5438.jpgIMG_5439.jpg

Walter
Dropboxer
Could you try downloading a smaller file and let me know if you still get this error, Damian?

If you do, I'll send you an email to investigate further.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?