cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not displaying in Chrome

Dropbox not displaying in Chrome

Willemvdh
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi everyone, I'm having a strangely annoying thing go on today with Dropbox on Chrome. I didn't have it yesterday. First I can't display files sent to me via a Dropbox link on Chrome. The link displays as a Jpeg of the first slide and that's it (no dropbox menu or anything). I could display the file sent opening an incognito window, or on another browser (Safari). The link was Keynote slide document in this case - but no Dropbox file links seem to work on Chrome at the moment, though they do on Safari.

Then I tried accessing my Dropbox account on Chrome and only got a blank screen just white screen with a black cookie warning bar on the top. Clicking learn more led me to Dropbox support website which worked, but clicking OK did nothing (I didn't take a screenshot). Meanwhile Dropbox on the desktop seems fine as well, as far as I can work out my account is syncing all my folders and files fine.

Given it seemed to be something going on with Chrome, I emptied my cache, deleted cookies, restarted multiple times, updated Mac OS just in case, restarted my laptop again. The main page of Dropbox showed up where I could log in to my account on Chrome so I thought it was sorted, but now it only shows me this screen. It looks like it's loading but just stops there. It seems some setting on Chrome (?) but I can't figure out what, and I haven't actually changed anything between yesterday and today... I'm a little stumped, happy to have ideas of things I could or should be doing, thank you!

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 14.06.40.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bagnew
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I also use Duck Duck Go as my search engine with Chrome.  I disabled this extension and all my data showed up again.  Curious to know if this works for others?  

View solution in original post

39 Replies 39

mbranchstudios
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Having exact same problem - got here through search.

Works through Edge oddly enough, but just stopped working in Chrome yesterday.

CPIC
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Having the same issue since last night. Just updated to latest version of Chrome but didn't help. Works fine in Safari and Firefox. 

julesmarie
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Annoyed, but glad I'm not the only one... Dropbox hasn't worked in chrome for me since yesterday morning...

Bagnew
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I also use Duck Duck Go as my search engine with Chrome.  I disabled this extension and all my data showed up again.  Curious to know if this works for others?  

lawsonbm
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Can confirm.  I disabled the Duck-Duck-Go extension for the search in Chrome's settings and it cleared up the issue immediately.

CPIC
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Bingo! I turned off Duck Duck Go extension and it worked like a charm. Makes me very curious what Dropbox changed in their privacy settings that would have this impact. 

BahBam
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Ugh, I use DDG too. I'll  give this a try. 

BahBam
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Turning off DDG worked, thanks! I wonder what changed? 

RyGuy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had the same issue.  It started yesterday.  The solution for me was adblocker.  Once I paused it on the site it worked perfectly.  

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

yamazawa New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    kaikubel New member | Level 2
    psykobilly New member | Level 2
    MurielTX New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?