cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not displaying in Chrome

Dropbox not displaying in Chrome

Willemvdh
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi everyone, I'm having a strangely annoying thing go on today with Dropbox on Chrome. I didn't have it yesterday. First I can't display files sent to me via a Dropbox link on Chrome. The link displays as a Jpeg of the first slide and that's it (no dropbox menu or anything). I could display the file sent opening an incognito window, or on another browser (Safari). The link was Keynote slide document in this case - but no Dropbox file links seem to work on Chrome at the moment, though they do on Safari.

Then I tried accessing my Dropbox account on Chrome and only got a blank screen just white screen with a black cookie warning bar on the top. Clicking learn more led me to Dropbox support website which worked, but clicking OK did nothing (I didn't take a screenshot). Meanwhile Dropbox on the desktop seems fine as well, as far as I can work out my account is syncing all my folders and files fine.

Given it seemed to be something going on with Chrome, I emptied my cache, deleted cookies, restarted multiple times, updated Mac OS just in case, restarted my laptop again. The main page of Dropbox showed up where I could log in to my account on Chrome so I thought it was sorted, but now it only shows me this screen. It looks like it's loading but just stops there. It seems some setting on Chrome (?) but I can't figure out what, and I haven't actually changed anything between yesterday and today... I'm a little stumped, happy to have ideas of things I could or should be doing, thank you!

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 14.06.40.png

39 Replies 39

kcrogers7979
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I had the same issue today. Just use the incognito mode in Chrome, that worked for me. Or use a different browser other than Chrome. 

kmartin_hagley
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem here - was working fine yesterday. Working in a Chrome incognito window? Little help, Dropbox people! 🙂 

Willemvdh
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Wow that's impressive. I also just turned Duck Duck Privacy Essentials extension and it worked. Or at least I think that's what did it. I'll double check. Definitely this. I'm curious what Dropbox (or DDG?) changed, if anything...

MPython
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I"m having the same issue and have to login on Firefox to get to it. Please advise. 

ndamenti
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I had the exact same problem.  I figured out that the issue is with the DuckDuckGo 'Global Privacy Control' setting.  I have it turned on for my DuckDuckGo chrome extension.  If you add 'dropbox.com' as an 'unprotected' site, you can keep 'Global Privacy Control' turned on and you should be able to view your dropbox content.  Otherwise, you can also just turn off 'Global Privacy Control' and your dropbox content should show up again just fine.

MPython
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That worked awesome. Thank you. 

Angelina-Linta
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please look at the picture. Does anyone ever seen this? Cant click any. I logged out, logged in, tried to signed in by using same email address, cleaned cookies, did not work any of that. What is going on here?  thanks

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 8.50.20 AM.png

brett_mileshko
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello,

I have the Dropbox app on my Mac (Big Sur) and am usually able to use a bookmark in Chrome to log into Dropbox online for a better file-search experience.  Today, however, when I clicked on my Dropbox bookmark in Chrome, the screen came up LIKE THIS and freezes there.  I can do nothing on the website.  If I open an incognito browser window or use a different browser, this error doesn't occur.  However, my workflow is hindered by going these routes. 

Why is this error occurring and how do I fix it?

ranstathird
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem with files not showing up on Chrome.  Firefox it works. 

Its definitely a duck duck go thing because that's the only search engine change I've done in the past 3 months and I just disabled the extension and my files popped right up.

uggghh

PowerliftDumbwaiters
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I can view my folders on my IPhone, and CPU. But when I log onto the website everything is greyed out? I can't access nothing. Can anyone help me out? 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

yamazawa New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    kaikubel New member | Level 2
    psykobilly New member | Level 2
    MurielTX New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?