cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not displaying in Chrome

Dropbox not displaying in Chrome

Willemvdh
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi everyone, I'm having a strangely annoying thing go on today with Dropbox on Chrome. I didn't have it yesterday. First I can't display files sent to me via a Dropbox link on Chrome. The link displays as a Jpeg of the first slide and that's it (no dropbox menu or anything). I could display the file sent opening an incognito window, or on another browser (Safari). The link was Keynote slide document in this case - but no Dropbox file links seem to work on Chrome at the moment, though they do on Safari.

Then I tried accessing my Dropbox account on Chrome and only got a blank screen just white screen with a black cookie warning bar on the top. Clicking learn more led me to Dropbox support website which worked, but clicking OK did nothing (I didn't take a screenshot). Meanwhile Dropbox on the desktop seems fine as well, as far as I can work out my account is syncing all my folders and files fine.

Given it seemed to be something going on with Chrome, I emptied my cache, deleted cookies, restarted multiple times, updated Mac OS just in case, restarted my laptop again. The main page of Dropbox showed up where I could log in to my account on Chrome so I thought it was sorted, but now it only shows me this screen. It looks like it's loading but just stops there. It seems some setting on Chrome (?) but I can't figure out what, and I haven't actually changed anything between yesterday and today... I'm a little stumped, happy to have ideas of things I could or should be doing, thank you!

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 14.06.40.png

39 Replies 39

scottdurkee
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

dropbox.com in Chrome is nearly blank. Left menu is visible, but not files. Links in left menu work, but look like this too. Profile image is not selectable.

dropbox.com works in Edge.

Cleared data for dropbox.com in Chrome. Same result.

Restarted Chrome. Same result.

scottdurkee_0-1614888441944.png

scottdurkee
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Select Chrome three dots "Settings | Privacy and security | Clear browsing data | Cached images and files" and select "Clear data"

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Mastermaker, @scottdurkee, could you try the steps in this thread to see if they help with your issue?

Keep me updated!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mastermaker
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks community.. Private browser works now.. Seems DDG was the prob, but Im gonna stick with a PB and keep using DDG coz I prefer it to the wide range CHROME

MurielTX1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
For all the people that had this issue it was either DuckDuckGo or an Adblock. Not sure what Dropbox changed... in the DuckDuckGo extension, go to the settings and add Dropbox to the list of sites not scanned.

MurielTX
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@Bimdan It's definitely a DuckDuckGo issue, it does the same to my pcloud.

psykobilly
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Once I disabled Duck Duck Go extension and chose a different search engine for my browsers dropbox worked fine again.

kaikubel
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

DDG is not on my PC, but anyway in Chrome I cannot even open a dropbox website:

Die Website ist nicht erreichbar

www.dropbox.com hat die Verbindung abgelehnt.

"website not reachable, dropbox has refused the connection."

I cleared the browser data/history, restarted PC ... but everything works in Opera, not in Chrome

what now?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @kaikubel, could you try opening Chrome in incognito mode, without any plugins or extensions running, to see if this helps?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

yamazawa
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

excludes several extensions, (I don't remember now which ones, but most were) and returned to normal. My suggestion is: delete all possible extensions and then look at the dropbox page.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

yamazawa New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    kaikubel New member | Level 2
    psykobilly New member | Level 2
    MurielTX New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?