cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not playing MP3

Highlighted

Dropbox not playing MP3

Explorer | Level 3

Hi everyone,

I downloaded some MP3s onto Dropbox but they won’t play. If I click into them they just show the buffer sign. I have tried downloading an MP3 player but they won’t open.
Anyone else had this issue? Very annoying as I can’t now access the original material as it was a subscription that is now cancelled.
I have Dropbox Business and am downloading onto an IPhone.

Many thanks!
Annax

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox not playing MP3

Dropboxer

Hey there @Abvn, I hope you're having a good start to your week!

Can you clarify for me, are you trying to preview the file through the Dropbox mobile app, or through the website on your phone?

Also, are you using a WiFi connection or cellular data?

If possible, can you try previewing the file through the website on a computer or another device to see if you have the same issue there?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hi Daphne,
So I’m using the mobile app - I also tried the website but it won’t play.
Tried on iPad same problem. I tried WiFi and cellular data. Have not tried pc yet will do that next...
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for the follow up here @Abvn

When you say they don't play on our website, are they giving you a specific error or they just don't load? 

Could you perhaps try clearing your browser's cache and/or even try another one to see if you can preview those mp3 files there? 

Also note that for the preview to work, your mp3 file must be smaller than 1 GB. 

Keep us posted, Annax. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?