Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not showing any of the files I've backed up in the last 2 years

rmcdonald76ster New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Today I went to the Apple Store and purchased a new phone and a Macbook Air   I am trying to transfer my Quicken files from my dropbox account, which are on a PC at home.  When I open the Dropbox it is telling me I have not modified any of the files since 2017.  I know I have my PC at home set up to automatically back up and I am in those files almost daily.   I am not able to get to my PC at home as I am visiting my daughter out of state.   Can anyone tell me if there is something I am missing?   Or a trick to this I might not know.  I am worried my files have all disappeared.   Could something have happened when I logged in via the Mac?  

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox not showing any of the files I've backed up in the last 2 years

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @rmcdonald76ster, sorry to hear about this. 

Sounds like the computer at home was not sending the files to the cloud version of Dropbox for some time now. We call this a syncing issue. To help you solve this and sync the files, we would need to troubleshoot together on the device that has the files. 

This means that unfortunately, until you are back home, we cannot access the files that are not on the cloud right now and sync them to the Mac. This post will be here for you to write back when you are home. I will help! In the meantime please check out this similar post about Quicken files

No worries about logging in from your Mac. This cannot affect your Dropbox files at all. 

I can also send you an email to the address associated to your Community profile to help with this, if you wish. Let me know if you want me to.

Please feel free to ask questions and share any other concerns.

Enjoy family time!  

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?