cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox not syncing certain files

Dropbox not syncing certain files

bauss
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

For the past few days, dropbox has not synced a few specific files on my mac.

I get this when I check the status in menu bar

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 11.19.39 PM.png

I've cleared cache, fixed permissions, and run check disk on my mac drive and no luck. Thoughts?

49 Replies 49

bauss
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Just did.. thanks!

sweetsound2001
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Having the same exact issue, and all the files that won't sync came from Logic Studio X (High Sierra). The same exact files and folders synced just fine, without any errors whatsoever from my Sierra computer, so this is most definitely a High Sierra Dropbox app issue.

Chazza
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am having a similar issue with some font files. They've been in my Dropbox and fine for years. All of a sudden, syncing seems to be stuck, and Dropbox is reporting it can't sync the files. 

Chazza
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Also, recently updated to High Sierra, so feel it is linked to that.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey all, as you’ve mentioned that you’ve already reached out to us, I‘d like to follow-up on these requests. Could you include your ticket IDs to reference in your reply, so that I look them up internally? 

Thanks in advance & I’m looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

sweetsound2001
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My ticket ID is 7242407

Chazza
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Ticket #7245385

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Chazza & @sweetsound2001, I’ve located your support tickets on our system and I can see you're in direct communication with our colleagues there. 

Please include all details on the case there, rest assured that you're in safe hands! 

Hope this is helpful to you & wishing you a lovely rest of the day ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

apraetor
Super User alumni
Go to solution
Just FYI, a reboot won't clear a file lock; try right-clicking and "Get Info" on the files. Are they locked?

clegs
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same problem of Dropbox not syncing at least half of my songs/audio files (and it follows the alphabetical order that the files are sorted in a folder/path Cakewalk Projects>Audio, then the individual audio files (wave) by the song names .  These files were recorded with Cakewalk Sonar (a recording program similar to Logic).  Total files in the file dragged into the Dropbox PC folder is about 4 GB.  There is no error message, etc.; it just completes the sync, but stops too early and doesn't complete the transfer.  I tried a number of times and can't find anything I'm doing different than my usual DBox procedures.  Any suggestions?  I've been with Dropbox for years, but just started using it for audio backup.  Unfortunately, this is a deal killer if I can get this to work and I will have to go to another service.  I hope you can help.

Need more support?