cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not syncing downstream

Dropbox not syncing downstream

PitMan71
Explorer | Level 3

All...

Looking for help on a unique issue that i am having with dropbox. We are evaluating it to see if it can be a solution for us in a project we have. The problem is occurring on a windows 10 machine. The DB folder on the local computer will sync upstream but not downstream. The tray just sits there indicating that its syncing but nothing is happening.  I have tried turning off the firewall on the computer and all other protection but it hasn't helped.... To see if the issue was isolated to my computer i installed DB on macbook and everything synced fine. In fact, I added some files to test and while they went up from the Macbook they did not download onto the win10 machine.... When i add files locally on the win10 machine they upload fine. I have looked everywhere to see what i can uncover but so far haven't had any luck. I have never run into anything like this before.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Re: Dropbox not syncing downstream

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @PitMan71, thanks for posting today!

Could you try these steps to fix the permissions in the Dropbox folder to see if this helps with the syncing?

Have you restricted the bandwidth speed in the app by any chance?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

PitMan71
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the reply. No sir, no bandwidth restrictions. I did get it syncing but didn't fix the issue if that makes sense. A couple of things that I did try. First, I added acceptions to my firewall on my computer as suggested in another article. Secondly, i removed and reinstalled dropbox application and checked the settings. Thirdly, i rebooted. Still the results were the same. Says syncing but nothing is populating in the folder. .... In a last ditch effort I moved the dropbox folder to another drive on my computer and viola it synced up almost immediately. So you know there is plenty of space on the original drive to house the db files.... 1.66 TB to be exact. Still don't know what the original cause was. I would like to know in case I run into it again.

Jay
Dropboxer
Was the Dropbox folder previous located on an external drive or a non-standard location? Was there enough hard drive space for the app to sync?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

PitMan71
Explorer | Level 3

Yes. It was not located on an external drive or on a drive with limited capacity. It is for sure a perplexing problem. Thanks for all of this help.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

PitMan71 Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?