cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not working - terrible service

Dropbox not working - terrible service

Benappease
Explorer | Level 3

Not had functionality since Friday (5 days). Had a message saying my account had generated excessive traffic, this was a client trying to stream a video on a dropbox link. I've since deleted this folder. 

I need to get up and running but support keep saying they will get the issue resolved but still haven't been able to let me know when 😞

they suggested I post on here, not sure why but the whole process has been a nightmare. Any help would be appreciated. 

Ben

10 Replies 10

How Many Link Shares Violates Rules for Plus accounts?

Stewart_Bowman
Helpful | Level 6

I have had my ability to create links for Sharing a folder blocked. All I was told by an automated email is that I was blocked for too many link shares in my Plus account but nothing mentioned how many times I can share or in what time frame.
It’s difficult to stay within the rules when I don’t know what the rules are.
Does anyone know?
Thank you in advance.

Can't create links

gadieid
New member | Level 2

Hi. No matter from which device I can't create links. I read other threads and all of them mention to contact support but there is NO support at all for normal accounts, just a stupid know-nothing chat-bot and this community which can not solve the problem.

Is this the case? Is there really no way to get support? If so, I will go to seek other solutions, becasue even free service should have minimal support

Daily shares exceeded message but none recently shared

JRN1
Explorer | Level 3

Repeated message on number of daily shares exceeded but none shared for many days!

Tried everything to overcome but no success

Very light user so surprised at the message and FRUSTRATED

HELP, HELP, HELP

Re: Daily shares exceeded message but none recently shared

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi there @Benappease@Stewart_Bowman@gadieid & @JRN1 - thanks for posting on our Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with this. 

It seems like you all had your shared links banned for some reason. 

@Benappease & @Stewart_Bowman Could you please share your ticket's ID so that I can look it up on our system?

@JRN1 & @gadieid If it's been a while since you first got this error message upon sharing, may we reach out via email to have a further look internally?

Thank you all for your cooperation!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Benappease
Explorer | Level 3

thanks for the reply, support just paste the same response every time, not had a proper answer 😞

Ticket #12481737:

any and all help appreciated before I cancel my subscription if this can't be resolved. 

Exceeding daily shares error message

JRN1
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your message - please investigate

Have tried several times over the past 10 days but unable to share

Previously working well

Thanks

Re: Exceeding daily shares error message

Benappease
Explorer | Level 3

very frustratingly support keep copy and pasting the same response.... is there anyone at DROPBOX who can call me to try and resolve this issue please 😞

I have no access to my files and need to know if there's a solution to remedy this issue. 

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for providing your ticket's ID @Benappease. I've already passed your comments there to keep all the relevant information under one place.

I can see it's been sent to our experts so you should be hearing from a member of the team soon.

On a side note, phone support is available to admins on our Business plans. You can see more information here.

@JRN1 I've also sent you an email to investigate further. Whenever you get the chance, please take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Benappease
Explorer | Level 3

same message I've had all week, is ANYONE going to try and address this issue for me please?

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Benappease Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropboxer
    JRN1 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?