cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox on my computer does not sync, only syncs if I restart the app.

Dropbox on my computer does not sync, only syncs if I restart the app.

fenchai
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I don't understand what is going on.

This started happening yesterday and today, any change I make from my PC dropbox does not get synced to my dropbox, sometimes files take like 10 minutes in order to sync.

I have tried many solutions:

• Restarted Computer
  • Restarted Dropbox (this will restart sync BUT after it stops syncing, have to restart again if I want to sync)
  • Verified Interned worked properly as all my other syncing services are active and working
  • Disabled Antivirus
  • I have no cleaning app system etc, windows 10 is freshly cleaned.
  • Reinstalled Dropbox.
  • Clock is synced and not delayed (I know some syncing services have problems when clock is not synced)

I am literally planning to make a script to restart dropbox every 1 min as I don't see any solution on google.

please help me 😞

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Emma
Community Manager
Go to solution

Thank you all for reporting this, it is related to a known issue a number of users experienced last week. The team have now resolved this and it should be working again.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else or you're still having trouble!

View solution in original post

27 Replies 27

Sabbl
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hey there!

I'm experiencing the very same thing: Dropbox won't sync unless I restart the app. It syncs just fine on my phone and on the website, but it just won't sync on my PC (Windows 10) anymore. It's like the servers forget to inform the app about the new files. 😕

I'm still trying to find a solution, but if you find a solution yourself, please post it on here, because that would be very helpful. 🙂

idanfo
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

the latest verion is F@#ed up!
try to downgrade and you will see it's ok....the only problem is that dropbox keep updateing by his self....

Sabbl
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@idanfo

Oh, so it IS an issue with the newest version.. I had similar issues a long time ago which were caused by a faulty version of Dropbox as well. Meh.. 

@fenchai 

Would you mind sharing your script? Seems like we'll have to work around that issue for a while. 

fenchai
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have not found a permanent solution but only a temporal solution, the solution involves in restarting dropbox process, I posted the answer somewhere in this post. Please also let me know if you find a permanent solution. good luck to both of us

Clauz79
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same problem here on a MacBook with High Sierra and an Acer laptop PC with Windows 10. If I upload new files from phone, no sync happens on the two clients, unless I restart the app or wait some time (not sure how much, around 20 minutes I guess). Files are correctly uploaded to my account, as I can check within the phone app or the web app, but sync won't start on computer!

Everything was fine until a couple or days ago. No changes were made on the computers.

Dropbox team, please fix this!! Thanks.

idanfo
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
@Clauz79
What version of Dropbox app are you running on the pc?

Clauz79
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
114.4.426 on both computers.

Sabbl
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Same for me, it's version 114.4.426 on my laptop.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

The problem is NOT application related. Seems, the system is compromised somehow. I have mentioned this already here. Let's see how long will take for Dropbox fix it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Bill E.12 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?