cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox replaced current file version with older version while syncing, vital data lost, please help

Highlighted

Dropbox replaced current file version with older version while syncing, vital data lost, please help

Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I use Dropbox to sync my business' order book between different machines and devices so I can take orders any time no matter where I am. I edit the file on my office machine every day, but I haven't had Dropbox running on it  for the last 10 days. I just started Dropbox with the intention of syncing the online version with the one on my PC but it seems to have synced in the wrong direction and replaced the newer version with the older one. I  appear to have lost the last 10 days of edits, which contain vital information necessary for the continuation of my business. 

I have tried all options I'm aware of to restore the version of the file that was present on my computer last night, but the only version I can find any mention of is the one from 10 days ago.  How can I get my data back, and how can I stop this happening again? 

Huge thanks for any help anyone can offer!

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox replaced current file version with older version while syncing, vital data lost, please

Dropboxer

Hi @ColinOOOD; welcome to our Community!

At first, could you please take a look at your account's events page to see what happened exactly?

Apart from that, have you check the file's version history to see if you can find the version you're looking for?

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there Colin! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?