cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox send me to files instead of app

Dropbox send me to files instead of app

DanielaSB
New member | Level 2

Hello Community,

Since yesterday I am unable to access my dropbox files via the Dropbox app. I click on the Dropbox icon as usual, but where I normally get the app opened, it now sends me to the dropbox folder on my computer.

The same goes for the other users we share files with. We are using the Business version.

I think this is why the synchronisation is no longer optimal, which is a problem since people from different locations make changes to the same file.

I have already tried to download the app again, but this does not seem to be the solution.

Does anyone have any idea how to get back into the app by clicking on the icon?

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox send me to files instead of app

Vicker
Super User

Hi @DanielaSB ,

I believe you would like to launch the Dropbox desktop app instead of the operating system's file explorer, if that's the case you may check out the Dropbox app's preferences. Look for an item that says "Open folders in" > "Dropbox desktop app".

You may refer to another thread for additional screenshots and details.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Dropbox-opens-in-File-Explorer-Not-in-...

Cheers

Vicker

Need more support?