cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox share/permission error

Dropbox share/permission error

Deb15
Explorer | Level 4

Help! I shared a link to my resume from dropbox...emailed it to myself in hotmail...checked it and emailed it from there to an agency. However, when I click on the link in my 'sent' email, I can see the resume, but then I can also click a back arrow and view EVERYTHING else in my Dropbox account!! Will the receiver also be able to do this????

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox share/permission error

Rich
Super User II

@Deb15 wrote:
... I can also click a back arrow and view EVERYTHING else in my Dropbox account!! Will the receiver also be able to do this????

No. You're only seeing that because you're logged in to your account in the same browser. Log out of your Dropbox account, or use another browser (or a private browsing session) to test a shared link as others will see it. They can only see the specific item you linked to.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@Deb15 wrote:
... I can also click a back arrow and view EVERYTHING else in my Dropbox account!! Will the receiver also be able to do this????

No. You're only seeing that because you're logged in to your account in the same browser. Log out of your Dropbox account, or use another browser (or a private browsing session) to test a shared link as others will see it. They can only see the specific item you linked to.

View solution in original post

Deb15
Explorer | Level 4
Whew!! Thank you!🤗
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Deb15 Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?