cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox space limitation

Dropbox space limitation

Mihoby
New member | Level 2

Hello !

I'm a novice user of dropbox and have some issues concerning the space limitation.

I'm connected to a free account, but somebody else who has a paid acount who do not have space limitation shared me some folders in which i should put some videos.  The problem is that when i put the videos in there (the shared folder), it says that i do not have enough space and it prompts me to upgrade.

As i'm uploading the files in the paid account shared folder, not on mine directly, is it normal ? 

Can anybody help ? 

Thanks !!!!!

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox space limitation

Rich
Super User II

@Mihoby wrote:

As i'm uploading the files in the paid account shared folder, not on mine directly, is it normal ? 

But you are uploading the files into your account. When you join a shared folder, that folder exists in your own account and you're still limited to the space available within your own account. You don't get to take advantage of someone else's paid storage.

If you only need to upload to the other account, without needing access to those files after you uploading them, have the other person send you a File Request. You'll be able to upload directly to the request without the files taking up space in your account.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?