cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox still checking for 7 files and clogging up my mac

Dropbox still checking for 7 files and clogging up my mac

trevordickinson
Explorer | Level 3

I have a problem that Dropbox Support haven't been able to help with so far.  

I'm on an IMac running 11.2.2 and the latest version of dropbox.  When I sync to dropbox is slows the computer down to almost a halt as it does it's job.  When the syncing is complete it always says 'still checking for 7 files'.

I have spent the past three weeks following all the instructions from support, I have re-installed Dropbox and my OS a few times and I have tried a few variations of instructions typed into the Terminal App.  Nothing works.

I wonder if i can find what those 7 files are it might help, but there is no clue as to what they are.

Please, can anyone offer other things to try?

Cheers

Trevor

3 Replies 3

Re: Dropbox still checking for 7 files and clogging up my mac

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi @trevordickinson, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

If the app is stuck syncing those specific files, you should be able to find them by checking for the blue syncing icon within the local Dropbox folder on your computer.

The folders they're located within will show the blue sync icon too, so it should help with narrowing it down.

Also, since you mentioned reaching out to our Support team, would you mind sharing your ticket number with me (eg. #1234567) so I can check on this from my side too?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

trevordickinson
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Daphne,

Thanks for responding, The ticket number is #11959592. I'm not sure why it was closed - other than they didn't know how to help anymore.

The weird thing is that the sync icon doesn't show for these 7 files.  I leave it to sync overnight and all the new stuff has the blue icon while they are syncing, but when they have finished Dropbox still has the checking for 7 files message. Always 7 files.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back to me here @trevordickinson!

I checked on that ticket for you, and the ticket was closed since there was no reply back to my colleagues last email.

Not to worry though, I see that you did reply back to them and created a new follow up there, and my colleague just got back to you there recently.

Since you've done such extensive troubleshooting with them there, I would recommend to continue looking into this through our Support channel, since they can check on device and account specific info with you too.

Your thread here will remain open though in the meantime, in case there are any suggestions from users who had the same issue.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?