Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox stuck downloading 90 files for days.

20up
Explorer | Level 3

I recently discovered My desktop app was stuck downloading.  Or, it shows it's downloading.  This is on a windows 10.  Also on a windows 7 at work.  They appear to upload but not download.  I have Kubuntu as well, it is working fine.

4 Replies 4

Re: Dropbox stuck downloading 90 files for days.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @20up! Thanks for reaching out. 

So there files are now on the web and your Kubuntu device and not in the Windows 7 computer. Correct? 

Is your syncing status giving you the name of the files that report to be downloading? 

Do you happen to know where these file are located online? You should have a  on their folder. Showing you that things in there are syncing. 

Finally, what version of the Dropbox app is installed on this device?

Let me know what you find! Thank you. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

20up
Explorer | Level 3

I show the files located on the Windows 10 box, however, they have a red circle with a white x in it.

Yes, I know where they are located online.  No icons on any folders on the dropbox.com site.  On the desktop app yes.

version 85.4.155

Also, no indication at all of files saved in the last two weeks on the kubuntu box.  They don't show up on the desktop app on win 10.

milkyjoeninety New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I'm also having the same issue, wierdly for me it seems to be files that have originated outside of Dropbox but on the same drive in Windows won't sync, if I move them to another drive and then move them back in to Dropbox, they do sync. I've tried quitting Dropbox and opening it up again, restarting the computer etc, no effect. I've just unlinked the account from my PC and am relinking it now to see if that makes any difference, will post back here with the results when it's finished.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello! 

@20up If the files have this red x icon on them, they are not syncing to your Windows 10 device. Good that you see them on the web though! (No worries, syncing icons don't show up to the web.) Are you using Smart Sync or Selective Sync on this device?  

@milkyjoeninety Let us know how this goes. I'd be happy to help you further with syncing these files. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?