cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox stuck in Syncing.

Dropbox stuck in Syncing.

John98683
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

My dropbox is stuck showing says "syncing" continually. There are no syncing in my Dropbox folder, and nothing is syncing. I have tried restarting the PC, restarting Dropbox, reinstalling Dropbox, and clearing the Dropbox cache and it does the same thing. It doesn't work from a domain joined computer but if i remove the computer from domain it works. 

Has anyone else has this issue. I have tried everything out there. We are not blocked at PROXY. We checked that. We have no domian policy on a domain joined computer still it cannot sync. This is so annoying. Not sure if there is a known issue but i have tons of machine showing same behaviour.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

John98683
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Fixed it. The problem is that Dropbox client application for Windows 10 OS needs ciphers to be in certain order.

Once i fixed the ciphers it worked fine. This has not been a problem with any other vendor applications we run today but only dropbox.

here are the ciphers you will need.

TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA

View solution in original post

27 Replies 27

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @John98683, thanks for dropping by!

Could you try the following steps in the exact order listed, and let me know if there's any change in behavior?

• Click on the Dropbox icon in your system tray.
  • Go to the gear in the Notifications panel.
  • Select Preferences...
  • Navigate to the Account tab.
  • Click anywhere in the window under the tab.
  • Hold down the 'Alt+H' keys.
  • Click on the Fix Hardlinks button.
  • You may be asked for your computer's login credentials, in which case, please enter them.
  • Wait a bit to see if Dropbox resumes syncing.

If the above steps don’t resolve your issue, try the first six steps again, but then click on the Fix Permissions button, instead. 

Let me know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

John98683
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I tried all the steps and nothing worked. Please i need urgent help.

In addition to your steps i have tried these as well: https://www.minitool.com/backup-tips/dropbox-not-syncing.html

Nothing worked from multiple machines. 

Also, i checked with and other people have same issue but no solution via DROPBOX:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/Syncing-is-stuck-on-my-Windows-10-computer-Can...

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the update here @John98683.

Can you let me know what version of the desktop app you have installed on your computer at the moment? What OS versions are your computers running?

Also, please send a screenshot of the current sync status.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

John98683
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Fixed it. The problem is that Dropbox client application for Windows 10 OS needs ciphers to be in certain order.

Once i fixed the ciphers it worked fine. This has not been a problem with any other vendor applications we run today but only dropbox.

here are the ciphers you will need.

TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA

Ivilina
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi @john98683,

Could you give more details how to find the ciphers? I have the same problem and nobody so far was able to help me.

Thank you!

Ivilina

CJL1127
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I also have the exact same problem and Dropbox Support has been trying to troubleshoot it for 8 days. I am beyond frustrated. How do I tind and fix the ciphers?

Ivilina
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@CJL1127I tried with the ciphers but did not work for me. But here is how you can do it. Open a PowerShell - just type PowerShell on the lower left corner next to the windows logo - and run it as Administrator. Then type:

Enable-TlsCipherSuite -Name "TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256,

TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,

TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,

TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256,

TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,

TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,

TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256,

TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,

TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA"

next urban
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

hi,

i cant see the chang doing in anothere computer.

HEJohnsonJr
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've been searching for hours and just came across the 'magic' I needed:

Dropbox icon

Preferences

Account Tab

Atl-H

Fix Hard Links

Thank you!

Need more support?
Who's talking