cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox stuck on sync or index

Dropbox stuck on sync or index

idanfo
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

hi all,
my dropbox in my all computers just stop syncing or stuck on indexing a few days ago.

i notice that if i use old version (114.4.426) of the app everything is back to normal but the app keep updateing by her self.

this is a bug that have to be fix ASAP.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Emma
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi @idanfo

Thank you for reporting this, it is related to a known issue a number of users experienced last week. The team have now resolved this and it should be working again.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else or you're still having trouble!

View solution in original post

76 Replies 76

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @idanfo, I hope you're well today!

Just to confirm, which version of the app is causing this syncing issue? Are you possibly using a beta version denoted xx.3.xxx?

Please also let me know which OS and version you're computer is running, so that I can suggest accurate troubleshooting steps.

Keep me posted - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

idanfo
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
The app version with the problem is 115.3.529.
I have this problem on windows 10 and windows 7

Emma
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi @idanfo

Thank you for reporting this, it is related to a known issue a number of users experienced last week. The team have now resolved this and it should be working again.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else or you're still having trouble!

Andrew S.2
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Emma, I am experiencing the same issue.  I am using the Windows 10 version number 115.4.601.  Two issues:

1. I have enabled the checkbox to start Dropbox app upon Windows start, but it does not launch.

2. If I make changes to files in synced folders offline (locally) then launch Dropbox app, only some of the changed files will sync, then all of a sudden, it just stops syncing, and says "Syncing 47 files" without ever resolving.

Am I using the latest version?  Do you have any ideas why this is happening?  It is a new issue.

Thank you.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @Andrew S.2; I'm sorry to jump in here, but did you install the desktop app with admin privileges on your computer in the first place? 

If you did and syncing still gets stuck, you can try fixing your hardlinks and permissions as well. 

Maybe that will do the trick!

PS: The version of the app you're using at the moment is indeed the latest, stable one. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Andrew S.2
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Thanks Walter. Yes indeed I installed it under my own account, which has admin privileges. However these 47 files, wherever they are do not ever resolve. It continuously says "syncing 47 files". Reinstalling did not fix the issue.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the update on this, Andrew.

If you're still having this issue, could you try fixing your hardlinks and permissions as I mentioned earlier? 

In case syncing gets stuck again, I'd appreciate a screenshot of the app's exact status as shown in your system tray.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

jl232221
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

I am experiencing this (or a similar) issue. Two win 1020h2 pcs experiencing issues since yesterday (didn't notice it before). Version 115.4.601 in both. 

One of them is perpertually  'Downloading 117 files' though it has uploaded some new files (I see them online), but it is not downloading files changed yesterday.

The other seems up to date, but it is not downloading changes uploaded successfully from the first one.

I don't see any option to 'Fix Hardlinks' or anything similar in my Preferences/Account.

thanks for looking into this, it's really making using PCs really hard

Andrew S.2
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
I should mention that I've been a Dropbox Plus customer for years, and all these problems with syncing are new since you introduced SmartSync. I wish you would remove that feature altogether.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    l0uis New member | Level 2
    ProHome Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?