cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox stuck syncing (Windows 10)

Dropbox stuck syncing (Windows 10)

Helpful | Level 5

My dropbox is stuck showing the blue syncing icon and says "syncing" continually. There are no syncing icons in my Dropbox folder, and nothing is syncing. 

I have tried restarting the PC, restarting Dropbox, reinstalling Dropbox, and clearing the Dropbox cache and it does the same thing. 

I've also tried moving the Dropbox folder, Dropbox just crashes. Dropbox also does not recognise the current Dropbox location and won't change the folder to the Dropbox icon. It is literally doing nothing. 

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Not syncing.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox stuck syncing (Windows 10)

Helpful | Level 5

Hi Daphne,

Thanks for the reply. As it happens the problem seems to have sorted itself out now. I suspect that it might have been caused by an unreliable internet connection, does that sound plausible?

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Dropboxer

Hey @timsimmk, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Just to clarify where we're at right now, can you check through the desktop app preferences to see what location Dropbox is currently showing for the Dropbox folder?

You can find this by:

1. Click the Dropbox icon in your system tray.
  2. Click the profile pic/initials icon in the top right of the window.
  3. Choose "Preferences..."
  4. Go to the "Sync" tab

From here, do you see the correct folder location? If not, are you able to change the location? If you get any errors, please send me a screenshot of this.

Also just to note, I located your communication through our Support channel. Just to keep my colleague in the loop, I've passed along your comments from here.

Let me know and we'll go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5

Hi Daphne,

Thanks for the reply. As it happens the problem seems to have sorted itself out now. I suspect that it might have been caused by an unreliable internet connection, does that sound plausible?

View solution in original post

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @timsimmk!

It could have indeed been caused by an unstable Internet connection. I'd suggest just to keep an eye on the syncing every so often and let me know if the issue crops up again.

I'd be more than happy to help, so don't hesitate to get back to me here with anything else you need.

Have a great day!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5

Thanks Daphne, will do.

Explorer | Level 3

I have gone through the entire list of fixes outlined in your support section, but I am stuck in synching.  This just happened in the past week.  I am a teacher and need these files to synch up ASAP.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Dropboxer

Hi @Frustrated Teacher; thanks for joining the Community and sorry to hear your syncing is stuck

Just to make sure we're on the same page, could you send us the exact status of the desktop app on your computer as shown within your system tray?

Also, could you walk me through the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far in your attempt to fix this issue? 

Thanks! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3

system tray status is synching

I followed the trouble shooting guide for this published by drop box

logging out and then back in

checking file names

uninstalling and reinstalling

I am using the basic version

Explorer | Level 3

It appears that this is the problem

%Penelope.Liotta%: The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.

Unless there is a simple fix I can do, it appears I will have to have our district IT guy fix it.  

Explorer | Level 3

Just to let you know, apparently our district added Drop Box through the program CLASS LINK .  They just pushed out all the updates and VIOLA if I go through ClassLinks I can get to the drop box files and they synch.  More layers to get to the stuff I need, but at least I can get to it now on the work computer.  Thanks for the assist.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?