cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox stuck syncing

Dropbox stuck syncing

jm23
New member | Level 2

My dropbox folder on my Mac (mac OS big sur) has been stuck syncing for a few days now (the icon keeps showing that it is syncing). However, dropbox is still syncing (most of) the changes I make to files. Anyone had similar issues? I would appreciate any help.

5 Replies 5

Re: Dropbox stuck syncing

delk
New member | Level 2

Same problem - MacOS Big Sur - it's been stuck syncing for a couple of weeks. Always says "Syncing 52 files".

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi there @jm23 & @delk; thanks for posting on our Community and happy Monday!

Can you please try these steps to fix your hardlinks and permissions and let us know if syncing gets stuck again?

Thanks so much!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jm23
New member | Level 2

Thanks Walter. Unfortunately that didn't work...

delk
New member | Level 2
I fixed this by signing out of Dropbox on my Mac and signing back in again. Needed to leave my computer on overnight so it could re-index all my files, but once done it’s working again.

Walter
Dropboxer
Glad to hear that un-linking and re-linking your account through the app's preferences did the trick for you @delk.

If you don't mind, could you give this a go too @jm23?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?