cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox support has been giving me the run around for weeks - is it possible to talk with a human?

Dropbox support has been giving me the run around for weeks - is it possible to talk with a human?

Mel23
New member | Level 2

Is there any way to get phone support from Dropbox? I have been trying to get a problem solved for 2 weeks. Usually, around 3 in the morning I'll get an email which reiterates the issue & says they are working on it. I reply - and then crickets for a day or two. I've gotten conflicting advice from the person replying. I have a ticket number. Any advice to help me resolve this problem would be much appreciated. Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Re: Dropbox support has been giving me the run around for weeks - is it possible to talk with a huma

Mark
Super User II

I'm afraid unless you are a business user there is no phone support. 

Is it an issue we could try and help you with here?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Dropbox support has been giving me the run around for weeks - is it possible to talk with a huma

Mel23
New member | Level 2

For years, I had a dropbox account under email#1. About 2 years ago, a client asked me to join a business account for a job. That was the beginning of many problems. In an attempt to separate my personal files from this business account, I created another dropbox account using email#2. We used email#2 for the business account, and kept all my personal files in email#1. This has created numerous problems. At this point, all of my personal files that were in email#1 have disappeared. I reached out to support, and am so frustrated with the conflicting responses, and that it takes days to get responses. My email "support" has said that they have not gotten admin permission to reactivate my account, which I know is not true. I have talked to the admin & they have tried to reactivate my personal files but they are not very tech savvy & haven't been able to follow the instructions given by dropbox. 

Rich
Super User II

@Mel23 wrote:

I have talked to the admin & they have tried to reactivate my personal files but they are not very tech savvy & haven't been able to follow the instructions given by dropbox. 

It sounds like you were invited to and joined a Business team, and then later were removed from the team. At that point, you lost access to the account and your files. Is that right?

If so, then the team admin would have to first restore your account, and then convert it back to an individual account. The important thing to note here is that once you're removed from the team, the team admin only has 7 days to restore your account. After that, it's not possible to restore the account or any files located within it.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?