cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox suspended by past employer and now all my files are missing

Dropbox suspended by past employer and now all my files are missing

KatieKlono
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, my past job suspended my dropbox account and this morning all my folders on my desktop are missing! I found them in dropbox but they have not been updated since may and I have worked on some files yesterday so I'm missing 4 moths of data. I didn't think my desktop was linked to dropbox anymore. I can still access my account but the folders are not current.....HELP!

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox suspended by past employer and now all my files are missing

Lori
Dropboxer
Hi @KatieKlono, Sorry to hear about this. Let me see how I can help!

It sounds like your team admin deleted you from the team.

You need to ask the admin to add you back to the account and convert your account back to an individual account. 

This would be possible, provided they haven't already transferred your content to another team member. 

It's important that they don't simply remove you from the team. Doing so would delete your account and your files.

Can you let them know, and let me know of any updates? 

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?