cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox sync during the night

Dropbox sync during the night

Narcís M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have upgraded to 1TB. I have a Mac OS 10.10.1 Yosemite. I have a lot of files to upload and I left the computer open and connected to Internet all night. But, this morging when go to "rencently updated" in my Dropbox desktop, the last file says 15 hours ago. This means that during the night it has not been syncing. How can I make Dropbox sync during the night?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Do you leave your Mac on? If it sleeps it stops syncing - as sleep makes everything stop

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Do you leave your Mac on? If it sleeps it stops syncing - as sleep makes everything stop

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Narcís M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Mark Mc: Of course I left the Mac on and it sleeps automatically. If it cannot sleep to sync, what is the best way to do that? I could go to Preferences > Energy Saver > put the slider to Never. But it does not seem to be a good thing to leave so many hours the computer with the same screen? what is the right way to do that?

Dean V.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I normally put the sliders to never and then leave the lid open but if you turn the screen brightness all the way down it will turn the screen off. That way Dropbox can sync all night but your screen will be off so won't be damaged.

Narcís M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Dean V: thank you, this seems a good option

Marc B.34
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I had a similar problem under Yosemite, but I think earlier versions of Mac OS X would behave similarly.

To fix the problem: go to Settings->Energy Saver and check the following:

• Enable Power Nap
  • Wake for network access
  • Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when display is off

This will allow you to allow your monitor to turn off, and your sync with Dropbox to continue uninterrupted.

Narcís M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Rolf: thank you for de detail. Makes sense

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?