cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox synced, now folders on computer are confusing

Dropbox synced, now folders on computer are confusing

New member | Level 2

I just signed up for dropbox under a new email. It started syncing my computer before I really knew what I was doing. Of course it more than filled my 2GB. I stopped the sync and deleted my computer from dropbox. However, now my "documents" folder on my mac has a first file labelled "my files in dropbox" that has my whole documents folder in it? How do I undo this? Thanks

2 Replies 2

Re: Dropbox synced, now folders on computer are confusing

Super User II

@drdunlap85 wrote:

However, now my "documents" folder on my mac has a first file labelled "my files in dropbox" that has my whole documents folder in it?

You have the computer backup feature enabled.

Re: Dropbox synced, now folders on computer are confusing

New member | Level 2

Thank you for your response. While that might have been what started this issue, I no longer have anything backing up to dropbox. So  even though I have unchecked all those boxes in my dropbox preferences, the problem remains. It appears as though it tried to take my whole computer and put it in a dropbox folder. Now I can't figure out how to get  rid of that folder. I don't think this is a major issue, just an annoyance. 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?