cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox syncing permanently - but nothing happens

Dropbox syncing permanently - but nothing happens

Explorer | Level 3

running on windows 10 is realized that transfer stopped working. after adding a file to transfer I can see it in the list, but when I press create transfer - nothing happens. It stays a 0%. Forever.

The sync icon down right is constantly blue and syncing. but looking at last synced files, there is none. Also whatever I drop in the dropbox folder, stays there and just there. When I go to the settings and try selective sync, I can not pick anything. it constantly says, "folders are being loaded".

Looks like my drobbos cant see my hard drive. Any ideas?

11 Replies 11

Re: Dropbox syncing permanently - but nothing happens

Dropboxer

Hey there fellow @daphne3, hope you're well today!

So that I can have a better idea of your current set up, can you let me know what the current sync status of the desktop app shows?

You can see this by clicking the Dropbox icon in your system tray.

Also, which version of the app do you have installed? You can hover over the Dropbox icon to see this.

I'll be looking forward to hearing back from you!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi there, thanks for the quick reply! Regarding your questions:

- in this moment it says "syncronizing". But it always does.

- dropbox version is 108.4.453

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @daphne3!

Can you try these steps to see if that does the trick?

It will correct any issues with incorrect file permissions that could be causing the persistent "syncing" status.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hola!

Did reset both, restarted, nothing changed. A bit frustrating...

Dropboxer

Do you have any antivirus or security software installed on your computer @daphne3?

If so, can you try temporarily disabling this to see if there is any progress in the sync status?

It may be that they are picking up/quarantining temp files from the Dropbox cache folder, that are used in the sync process.

If you're not using any of those, please also check out section 13 at the bottom of this article.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3

I am using NOD32, I will contact ESET for help. Stopping NOD32 did not change anything, though...

Dropboxer

I see, thanks for the update!

If you're not able to resolve this with them, please don't hesitate to get back to me here. 😁

Hope you have a great rest of your day!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3

they say, if the problem still occurs while Internet- and web-protection is deactivated, NOD32 is not the problem.

Would it make sense to deinstall dropbox and install it new? If so, what would I have to do to have it doing the same things as before (before it did nothing, of course...)?

Dropboxer

In this case @daphne3, I can suggest unlinking the desktop app from your account and then uninstalling/reinstalling the app.

If you have any files that you added via the local Dropbox folder that might not have synced with your account online, you can make a copy of these files in another location on your computer for peace of mind.

Hope this helps!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?