cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox tells my team they are out of storage space when I have 25GB left on my account

Dropbox tells my team they are out of storage space when I have 25GB left on my account

Justin63
New member | Level 2

I have a dropbox basic account, but due to earned space I have 27GB of storage space available to me.  I use dropbox to share work files with my team.  We have just exceeded 2GB of storage (the limit for a dropbox basic account) and my team members are being told they can't upload any more to dropbox without upgrading.  How do I resolve this?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox tells my team they are out of storage space when I have 25GB left on my account

Mark
Super User II

Simply put @Justin63 you have 27gb of storage they do not. So if they want to access files or folders above their quota limit they need to get more space either via www.dropbox.com/gs or paying at www.dropbox.com/plans 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Re: Dropbox tells my team they are out of storage space when I have 25GB left on my account

Mark
Super User II

Simply put @Justin63 you have 27gb of storage they do not. So if they want to access files or folders above their quota limit they need to get more space either via www.dropbox.com/gs or paying at www.dropbox.com/plans 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rosie Dry
New member | Level 2

@Mark your reply to @Justin63. 

Does this mean that when you work with different companies that have dropbox with lots of storage space, to view and work in their documentation stored on their dropbox accounts, you need to also have the same amount of storage space?  

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rosie Dry New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?