cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox uploads are extreamly slow all the sudden

Dropbox uploads are extreamly slow all the sudden

leezale88
Helpful | Level 5

Just recently  I swapped my hard drive and created a new dropbox sync folder.  Everything transferred over fairly quick and dropbox did its thing.

I then added 300+gb to the sync folder to be uploaded and what usually takes a few hours is now taking over 3 days and my max upload speeds are 450kbs with no fluctuation.  I also noticed that Dropbox updated on my desktop and there is no way to revert to a previous version or stop dropbox from updating.

I have fiber internet and my speeds are solid on my connection end. 800-900mbs up and down.

12 Replies 12

nj21
Explorer | Level 3

OMG! I have the same issue for weeks. My desktop app is very slow. I tried all the solutions from the internet and nothing works!!! My laptop uploads at full speed. But on my desktop, it's totally useless! I already reinstalled the app a couple of times and they are both using the same connection. What is wrong? This is very stressful.

Laptop: Core i5 8300, 16gb ram, SSD = very fast
Desktop: Ryzen 3900x, 32gb ram, SSD = slow and useless speed

Internet: 500mbps fiber

John P.115
New member | Level 2

Hi, I'm really struggling with slow upload speeds that have happened all of a sudden. It is exactly like what people in this thread have been describing. Did anyone ever find a resolution to the problem with this? I've been contacting Dropbox for over 3 weeks now regarding this and all I get back is the same 'bot type' response describing the process that happens when files are uploaded.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @John P.115, do you have any proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router settings that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    John P.115 New member | Level 2
    nj21 Explorer | Level 3
    Soonjas Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?