Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox via Slack is authenticated, but won't "CHOOSE" files to send.

Explorer | Level 3

My team has always used Dropbox for our files.

We just recently started using slack and Dropbox is our first integrated app.  The app has been added and authenticated, however when adding files, we get stuck on the "CHOOSE" button.  It will grey out like it is sending the file, then nothing happens.  It returns to the original blue state. 

Internet is connected, that's not an issue.  We are currently using Mac desktop version of Slack.

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox via Slack is authenticated, but won't "CHOOSE" files to send.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there (@DaLong888), thanks for choosing Dropbox; I’m here to help you tackle this discrepancy as much as I can & I hope you’ve had a great Monday so far! 

Now, just so as to exclude it from being a browser-specific error, I’d like to ask you if this persists through an incognito/private browsing window or even a different browser than your standard. Can you try that once & see if that amends the behavior? As an additional step, clearing your browser's cache would be helpful.

If I were in your shoes, I’d also try un-linking & re-linking the applications once & see if this makes a difference. You can remove the application from the list of Linked apps on your Dropbox account online & then re-activate the integration anew. 

Hopefully this points you towards the right direction & please do let me know my advice works for you. Enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hello Jane. 

Thanks for the response.  Another colleague used this and we found that they were having issues sending dropbox content directly within Slack.  If I post a link of the content, it will import it, but sharing content directly (without link) does not work.

Also, this is via the Slack desktop app, so browser, in this case, is irrelevant.  

Thanks and maybe this is helpful.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for the clarification & apologies for the slight misunderstanding on my end @DaLong888. I appreciate time your took to compile this report for me; to help you move forward on the matter, I’d like to forward it to the relevant team, who’ll further advise on how you could go about on it. Following to our discussion here, I’ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email on my end. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my message & I’ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you asap. Thanks again & I’ll be awaiting your next reply!

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi. We are having the exact same issue, though it seems it only happens to the Mac users. Can you please post the solution to this problem. Thanks.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @rosensara, thanks for the nudge here; I’ve now sent you a brief message & once you reply back to me through our Official Support channel, I’ll review your account specifics & further advise on the best next steps. Please have a look at your inbox whenever you have a bit of spare time & I’ll check back with you asap. Thanks!

Jane

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?