cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicated (cloned ?) Dropbox folder

Duplicated (cloned ?) Dropbox folder

PatDeLux
New member | Level 2

On my Surface Pro, I noticed that I have my Dropbox folder duplicated: it's there once with the name 'Dropbox (Personal)' and once with the name 'Dropbox (Personnelle)'  -- same meaning but in french. 

Both are in c:\Users\Patrick\

Strangely the files and dates are identical, so it's rather a clone than a copy.  

Any clue ? I don't really like this and I'd like to get back to a clear situation.

3 Replies 3

Re: Duplicated (cloned ?) Dropbox folder

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @PatDeLux, welcome to our Community!

If you access both folders, under which one do you see syncing icons next to the files?

Can you also check the app's settings, to see where it syncs to? You can do this by following the steps: 

Click your small Dropbox icon then click your avatar (profile picture or initials) in the top-right corner. Once there, click the Sync tab.

You should be able to see the path of your folder there. 

Keep me posted!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

PatDeLux
New member | Level 2

Hi Lori,

Indeed, I did that and the folder in the parameters was the English one. So I dated to delete the French one, and it seems all clean now, and the English named one is still there and OK.

I probably changed version a few years ago. Strange that they were both in sync, but all is clean now.

Thanks for the help.

Patrick

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @PatDeLux!

Great job there, Partick!

Don't hesitate to get back to us if anything comes up.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    PatDeLux New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?