cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edited Word Document

Edited Word Document

MHMC2
Explorer | Level 3

I had a word document that may have been edited over, I am a business user and the document has now been saved as something else.  Is it possible to retrieve a back up from a few weeks ago and save me redoing this document?

Thanks.

8 Replies 8

Re: Edited Word Document

behzod
Super User

Hi,

Here is the step by step instructions to view/download/restore older version of your word document. (It also applies to any other file types saved in your DB account).

1) Go to dropbox.com, login and locate your MS Word document

2) Select your file and click on 3 dots for more options

db1.jpg

3) From drop-down menu select Version history

4) You will see older versions of your file.

db2.jpg

5) Now you can click on the older versions to view/download or you can restore the older version

db3.jpg

Hope it helps.

Best,

Behzod

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @MHMC2, thanks for joining the Community!

Depending on how the file was originally modified, you should be able to locate it in the version history of the new file, or the deleted files page if the original was deleted and then added.

Provided that the previous edit or deletion was within the recovery period, you should be able to restore that file.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MHMC2
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks so much that was so helpful, and perfect first time!  Saved me a few hours work thank you 🙂

Next query is that we have just started using Teams for work and want to import all the data and folders in as quick time as possible, how would I do this?  Thanks.

Jay
Dropboxer
Just to clarify, do you mean using Dropbox Business, or importing from Microsoft Teams? I want to be certain that we're on the same page here!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MHMC2
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks export my files and structure from DB into Teams pls.

Jay
Dropboxer
While there isn't a native way of exporting to Microsoft Teams, there are Dropbox Business API connections that can allow data migration in general.

If you're not on a Dropbox Business plan, then you can research if there are other third party apps or services that can assist with moving files from Dropbox to Microsoft Teams.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

MHMC2
Explorer | Level 3

Thank so a manual copy paste may need to be required

Jay
Dropboxer
That might be the best way, although I don't know how their structure is set up, along with permissions. 

If you need any specific information, I'd recommend contacting Microsoft since they'd have the necessary details for you.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    MHMC2 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?