cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Editing in iPhone app

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I have just installed the Dropbox app but when I open a document there is no edit icon and I am unable to edit. My documents are Open Office (ods)
1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Editing in iPhone app

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Quee27; thanks for posting your first question in our Community and happy Monday!

Assuming that you have the most updated version of your device's OS and an application that is capable of editing such files (.ods), you should be able to do this following these steps.  On iOS, here’s how to edit Office documents and PDFs in the Dropbox app:

1. Tap on the file you'd like to edit to preview it
2. Once the document preview loads, tap the edit icon (looks like a pencil/paper). If you don’t see this icon, that means this file is not compatible for editing with a third-party app
3. Tap the app that you would like to use to edit the file. If this is your first time editing with this app, you will be prompted to authorize the app to access and make changes to your Dropbox
4. Edit the file and tap save (or the back arrow) to save the changes back to Dropbox.

I hope this helps to some extent and please keep me posted on your progress! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?