cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing shared file on Mac app?

Editing shared file on Mac app?

carmanxvxr
New member | Level 2

Hi all, 

A Word docx was shared with me. I can open it without issue on Word online if I navigate to it via the dropbox website. However, the file does not appear in my dropbox folder in Finder, so I cannot open the docx to edit in Word. The file *does* appear as having been shared with me when I click the dropbox icon on my desktop menu bar. There are no error messages anywhere. My question is: how do I get this shared file to show up in Finder so that I can edit it on Word? Thank you for any help you can offer!

2 Replies 2

Re: Editing shared file on Mac app?

Mark
Super User II

Sounds like you have been sent a shared link rather than a shared folder. Check and get that updated from the sender 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Editing shared file on Mac app?

carmanxvxr
New member | Level 2

Thank you Mark! I will try this!

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?