Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailing CSV file into Dropbox

EagleSafety
Explorer | Level 4

I am very new to Dropbox and have researched this issues on Google but I'm getting different answers.  Therefore I've come to the forum to get the right answer.

I have the need for one of our administrators (that does not have Dropbox) email me a CSV file to a specific folder in Dropbox securely.  She only needs to send this file.

Can this be done?  And if so, how can I set this up?  She will be sending me this file 3x a week so I would rathe rnot have to send her a request, but allow her to do this at will.

Thank you all for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Emailing CSV file into Dropbox

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @EagleSafety,

If the other user doesn't have a Dropbox account, the only way to upload content to your account would be through file requests

However, when you send a file request, they're notified of this by email. In that email, there's a link/button that allows them to upload content to your account (without giving them visibility).

As such, I'd recommend leaving the file request open, without a deadline/expiration date and for the other user to save that email. 

That way, you don't have to send a file request for every file you want in your account from there, and they can do it at any point in time. 

Finally, please bear in mind that this means that you'll have multiple versions of the file in a single folder - unless you archive or organize the files into folders from your end. 

I hope this helps to some extent, but please let me know if there's anything you'd like me to clarify or if you have any other questions. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @EagleSafety,

If the other user doesn't have a Dropbox account, the only way to upload content to your account would be through file requests

However, when you send a file request, they're notified of this by email. In that email, there's a link/button that allows them to upload content to your account (without giving them visibility).

As such, I'd recommend leaving the file request open, without a deadline/expiration date and for the other user to save that email. 

That way, you don't have to send a file request for every file you want in your account from there, and they can do it at any point in time. 

Finally, please bear in mind that this means that you'll have multiple versions of the file in a single folder - unless you archive or organize the files into folders from your end. 

I hope this helps to some extent, but please let me know if there's anything you'd like me to clarify or if you have any other questions. 

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

EagleSafety
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you very much.  I think this will do the trick.  We were able to do exactly as you mentioned.  Thank you for all your help.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Glad I could help, @EagleSafety!

If you have any other questions in the future, don't hesitate to give me a nudge. 

In the meantime, have a wonderful day ahead! 

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?