cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed link not loading video

Embed link not loading video

Stefan Braem
Explorer | Level 3

Hi

I've uploaded a .mp4 to a folder in my Dropbox, copied the link and made sure that viewing rights were public, pasted the link in a new browser tab, changed "dl=0" to "raw=1" and since then, the video didn't load anymore.

https://ucda91f433f104788f208310462d.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/cd/0/inline/BbTL4DrEycRLv6CbgnGie0GFG...

Could anyone help me on this?

Thanks in advance!

Stefan

5 Replies 5

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @Stefan Braem,

Seems you have posted a link result of redirection from original link ( the one ending as /2021-11-26 02-02-21-1.mp4?raw=1 ). Redirected links validity can be restricted in time. Is the original link still valid? 🧐 If yes, use it instead of redirects. 😉 By default it's not limited in time.

Hope this helps.

Stefan Braem
Explorer | Level 3

Hi

Thanks for the reply!

The direct link (https://www.dropbox.com/s/51qsslfj83hudol/2021-11-26%2002-02-21-1.mp4?dl=0) works, but I can't use that link to embed the video into my website. I've embedded multiple video's into my website by changing dl=0 to raw=1 in the original link and then use that new link to embed the video. But this time, that method doesn't seem to work.

Thanks!

Stefan

Mark
Super User II

I dont think it will work @Stefan Braem 

Dropbox blocks HTML / website hosting and displays on websites etc. 

Simply put Dropbox isnt designed or intended to host/store websites and so they block it.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Doowangle
New member | Level 2
I had this same problem, hope you get it figured out

amandachin
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi @Doowangle @Stefan Braem @Здравко ! My name is Amanda, I'm a Product Manager at Dropbox. 

We are exploring this solution and would love to learn more about your needs. If you’re open to chatting, please email publish-core@dropbox.com and we can set something up. Thanks! 
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

amandachin Dropbox Product Manager
    Doowangle New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    Stefan Braem Explorer | Level 3
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?