Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Employees Not Receiving the files I send

Helpful | Level 6

I use Dropbox often for my transcribing business, but today my files are not syncing. If I delete a file, it deletes across all my devices, but if I put in something new, my other computer can't see the new file, and my employees are not receiving the new file, either.

I tried this both ways -- first, inserting a file from my main computer, and next, inserting it from my backup computer.

In both cases, the files are not seen on the other computer.

Things were working fine a couple days ago, and nothing has changed between now and then, that I'm aware of.

Of course, i tried rebooting both computers, and even uninstalling and reinstalling the Dropbox app.

I just checked the Dropbox website, and the new files don't seem to be there, either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Konnie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Employees Not Receiving the files I send

Helpful | Level 6

The issue has now been resolved.

I can't explain it, but I finally told my employee to pause and resume the syncing on her end, and then I had her put a file in our shared folder.

Something about that process must've jogged something loose or something, because now she is seeing the files I inserted, and I received hers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

The issue has now been resolved.

I can't explain it, but I finally told my employee to pause and resume the syncing on her end, and then I had her put a file in our shared folder.

Something about that process must've jogged something loose or something, because now she is seeing the files I inserted, and I received hers.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @konnie, glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern in the end! 

If you have any other questions or you need any assistance, don’t hesitate to give us another nudge. 

In the meantime, have a lovely day ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?