cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Error 404 if link is clicked in some email messages

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

We have a situation where when one user send a link in an email the link returns an error 404 message, but when a different user send the exact same link in an email it works fine.

We have also had the first user (who is getting the error 404) copy the link in their email and paste in a new browser tab and she gets to the correct Dropbox folder.

When user #1 (who is getting the error in email) sends the email to a third user, the third user gets the error 404 message as well.  When user 2 sends an email with the same link to user 3, user three is able to open the link.

Any suggestions?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Error 404 if link is clicked in some email messages

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Mrkazman; welcome aboard and thanks for posting your first question in our Community!

It sounds like the way your users are sending those shared links are somehow breaking them, but that's just an assumption at this point. 

To dig a tad deeper, can you please let me know if you're working on a team account or if you were referring to individual accounts? What about the devices you're all using; are they desktops or mobile ones perhaps? 

While we're at it, can you forward me a problematic shared link to test it out on my end? 

Thanks! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?